GOVERNMENT OF NATIONAL CAPITAL TERRITORY OF DELHI
DIRECTORATE OF EDUCATION
OLD SECRETARIAT, DELHI -110054
Section 10 of Delhi School Education Act, 1973 mandates the implementation of 6th Pay Commission for the employees of recognised unaided private schools from September 2008 along with arrears from January 2006. To facilitate it, the Directorate of Education has issued detailed instructions on 11.02.2009 and 25.02.2009. These instructions are available on the website www.edudel.nic.in.
(2) It is mandatory that any school, which intends to raise its fee, must present its financial statement indicating Income and Expenditure on each account to its Parent Teacher Association to justify the need for any hike. The schools are instructed to convene General Body meeting of the Parent Teacher Association within 30 days and send a copy of the minutes of this meeting to the concerned Deputy Director.
(3) Any hike beyond the permissible limit is illegal. Any school, which has hiked the fee without following the due procedure, is directed to roll back the fee to the previous level.
(4) Any school which has adhered to the Directorates instructions and where the PTA has agreed to the hike within the permissible limit may continue with the fee structure.
(5) The school shall not introduce any new fee.
(6) It has also been directed that the Report Card of any child should not be withheld at any cost. Further, no school management shall force any child to leave the school.
(7) Any school which does not follow these instructions, could face the action of de-recognition by the Directorate.
(8) The Government is committed to providing quality education to all students and protecting the interests of all teachers. However, if any anomalies are found, the fee structure will be suitably amended and adjustment will be made in future payments.
(9) Any parent, who is aggrieved by the action of the school, may contact the District Deputy Directors of Education or Zonal Education Officers between 10.00 AM to 2.00 PM on all working days. The contact details of each of the concerned officers are as follows:-